Current Project: The Cows Want Out, But the Fences Need Fixed
To keep everyone abreast of all projects/activities on the farm, we are including the monthly e-newsletters.
You can view the newsletter archives before March 2013.
Madhava is Lonely
Cow Products for You
The following projects at the ISCOWP Farm have been financed by ISCOWP members for the comfort of the cows. Without generous donations from ISCOWP members and supporters, these improvements could have never been made.
- Installing a piped water system into the barn that has enabled 27 cows and oxen to have access to water at ISCOWP's farm during all seasons
- Installing a water holding tank in the barn with automatic freeze control
- Installing a 1000 gallon water tank on the hilltop over-looking the barn to provide backup for electrical dysfunction
- Fixing the cement water tank in the field close to the barn
- Installing a small water tank at the adjacent smaller barn
- Building a double floor system in the barn to store hay and equipment
- Building two sides and two sliding doors on the barn to protect the cows against the wind
- Laying gravel on the road in front of barn for better and cleaner access
- Laying cement and drainage to stop the cows from being in belly deep in mud at the left barn entrance
- Building a feeding isle for the cows in the barn to prevent waste of hay and to provide more organized feeding
- Changing fence lines from barbwire to high tensile
- Cementing and draining the barnyard
- New barn built over the cemented barnyard and united with old barn to give a 185 foot long by 60 foot wide shelter for the cows and hay/equipment
- 74 ' by 40 ' hay storage barn built replacing the old farm house that was not useable
- 62' by 57' geriatric barn completed, replacing 25 year old loafing shed and floor in disrepair, to house old and infirm cows allowing them to be separated from the herd specifically during the winter months.
- 70' by 85' area between the lgeriatric barn and the big barn, previously deep mud and potholes, completely cemented.
- 185' long, wide area under roof in front of both the new and old barns completely cemented and fenced.
- 16' by 32' greenhouse completed
- 10 ' deer fence around one acre garden built.
- Two Brahman bull calves and one female Brahman calf brought to ISCOWP.
- Part of ISCOWP Outreach Campaign completed with greeting cabin paid for and furnished, half of the directional signs in place, and the barns painted.
- Geriatric barn water system replaced.
- 70' by 94' 40 year old barn roof completely replaced.
- New 2000' fence line built to separate neighbor's property from ISCOWP.
- Commercial 6'' gutters on 185 ' of unified old and new barn roofs.
- Barn doors built for two entrances to the geriatric barn.
- 70' by 70' geriatric barn roof completely replaced.
- Cow saved from the dairy industry in time to stop her slaughter
- 12' deep by 44' wide hay barn extension
- 42' deep by 70' wide hay barn salvaged tin roof replaced with new tin
- Two bull calves saved from slaughter and their training as an ox team
- ATV with bush hog attachment purchased to free pastures of useless weeds